25.2.12

5 day weekend

Firstly, does anyone else feel like blogging has been kicking their trash lately?....I can never seem to stay up to date.   

Even though I am a little late I will still talk about my last weekend fun. As the title says last weekend I had a five day weekend. (Friday we didn't have school, Monday was President's Day, and Tuesday was the school skiing trip {i stayed home})  

So how did I spend my five days? Thursday night I caught a ride to Utah with Jeff and Jordan to spend the weekend with with Kimmy and Bryce. 

I had a lot of fun hanging out with the two love birds and couldn't have spent my weekend in a better way. Thanks again Kimmy and Bryce for the fun weekend. I love you both. :)


Monday morning we headed home with a FULL car. 

And Tuesday I spent my day making this {delicious} potato soup.


Recipe from realmomkitchen.com
4 lg. baking potatoes (I had 8 small to medium leftover baked potatoes that I used)
2/3 C butter
2/3 C flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 C milk (I used 5 cups of skim milk and 1 cup cream)
1 C sour cream (I used reduced fat)
4 thinly sliced green onions
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Scrub potatoes, pat dry & cover with foil. Bake for 75 minutes at 350 or until tender; cool completely.(Or use leftover potatoes from another meal)
  2. Peel and cube potatoes.
  3. In a large pot melt the butter, stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Use a whisk to make sure any lumps from the flour are smoothed out.
  4. Gradually add milk a 2 cups at a time. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for a couple minutes or until thickened.
  5. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cubed potatoes. Heat until warm.  Mix in sour cream.
  6. Garnish with bacon, cheese, and green onions.  Yield 8 servings.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see you last weekend! Even if it was just for a few hours! Hey, can't wait to try your recipe! I LOVE SOUP!!!! THIS SOUNDS DELICIOUS! IN FACT, YOU CAN MAKE IT FOR US, NEXT TIME YOU COME TO VISIT!!!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

    ReplyDelete