24.3.12

Cheyenne Trip.

(Sorry this post is about a month late.)

Monday-February 27th
Monday morning {5:30} I left to go on an 8 hour bus ride to Cheyenne on a trip for History. I went along with the student counsel kids and 2 other students that were invited to go {like me.}

On our way we stopped at the old jail in Rawlins, Martin's Cove, and Independence Rock, which is actually more like a mountain in size.  We had to climb to the top.  In the cold weather, and the crazy wind. My hair was blown every which way, in fact {I} was blown every which way. 

We arrived at the hotel in Cheyenne that night. And these were waiting for each of us in our rooms.


Gift baskets from Star Valley's memeber in the Senate and House of Representatives.

We went to the mall for dinner and then headed back to the hotel for the night.

My lovely rommates and I.

Tuesday 
Tuesday we spent our morning here.



State Capitol. Here we talked with the governor. Toured the building. And sat in on some Congress things.

Then we went to the state museum. It was pretty interesting and cool to learn about Wyoming.

Next we headed to the Aiforce Base.  Where we came to the realization that  we left one the kids at the musuem.  {So much for buddy check. } Yes, I am being completely serious. He was left there for like an hour until we realized he was gone. :) Hahaha it was really funny.



Once we were done we headed back to the museum to retrieve the student and then went to meet with the state superintendent. We talked with her for quite a while and answered questions about our school and stuff.

Then we headed to Barnes and Noble before dinner to spend our gift certificates from Star Valley's two congress members.

That night we went to Olive Garden {my favorite} for dinner with the Star Valley member in the House and Senate. It was delicious...as always. After dinner the two members of Congress came to the hotel where we asked them some questions.

Tuesday was a ridiculously long day but it was a ton of fun. I fell asleep once my head it the pillow that night.

Wednesday


Wednesday morning we went to the State Supreme Court.

Then we went back to our hotel and packed up and headed home.

About 9 hours later we were home....finally!

It was a super long and tiring 3 days but I had so much fun. I am so glad that I got to go. I couldn't have had a better time. But I was so glad to be home and back in my own bed and away from windy Cheyenne. Three long days with Jr. High kids was plenty. :)



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like tons of fun! Glad you got to go. ...any chance you still have some of that chocolate from your gift bag???

    ReplyDelete